Jungle Mei Mangal is committed to protecting your information. This privacy notice provides details about the information we collect about you, how we use it and how we protect it. It also explains your rights and how to contact us if you have questions about how we use your information.
Policy last updated: 1 Feb, 2019.
Scope of our privacy notice
In this privacy notice, references to “JMM”, “JungleMeiMangal”, “we” or “us” or “our” are to the JungleMeiMangal Charity. This notice applies to anyone who interacts with us in relation to our products and services (“you”, “your”, “rider”, “guest”, “visitor”, “biker”), via any channel (e.g. app, website, email, phone, walk-ins to JMM accommodations, leaving your details on www.junglemeimangal.com or accommodation recommendations via a third party travel agency, website etc.). We may give you additional privacy notices if required for specific interactions.
You can book your stay only through ‘mention booking’ involving Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, mobile number and email. There is no other booking method involving a partner, so there is no question of us sharing your personal data. If you share your personal details with any other channel that recommends us via reviews or search, please refer their privacy notice towards using your personal data.
JungleMeiMangal’s website is not aimed at travellers below 18 years, and we do not allow children to book accommodation or stay at our accommodations without a responsible adult. This privacy notice is therefore not aimed at children. If you provide us with information about your children, it is processed as described in this notice.
If you have any questions about this, please contact us.
Ways in which we obtain personal information
We obtain personal information from you and from other websites and others who recommend accommodation for you.
Categories of personal information:
We process two categories of personal information about you and/or, where applicable, others whom you have booked accommodation for, namely:
- Standard personal information (e.g. information we use to contact you, identify you or manage our relationship with you); and
- Special categories of information (e.g. if you have indicated food preference or have chosen to let us know that you have a medical condition requiring special care during accommodations).
Purposes and lawful grounds of our processing personal information online
We process your personal information for the purposes set out in this notice, based on the legal grounds. Different legal grounds apply depending on what category of personal information we process. Standard personal information is normally processed by us on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of a contract, our or a third parties’ legitimate interests or law. Further information about this and special category processing grounds is set out below.
Standard personal information includes:
- Contact Information: We collect your name, user name, address, e-mail address and telephone number(s); if you choose to connect through your social media accounts, your profile picture; and your country of residence, age, gender and date of birth;
- Location Information: We may derive your approximate location from your IP address so that we show you more relevant content. If you have chosen allowing access location services on your social accounts, we collect the precise location of your device when the social app is running both in the foreground and the background.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, e.g. type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, days booked/stayed, and other related transaction details. If someone else has referred you, we may associate that other person with you to ensure that you receive the information about his activities in future.
- Account History: We collect details of your bookings and of contact we have had with you, such as complaints or incidents.
- Usage and Preference Information: We collect information about how you interact with our website or other Services, including IP addresses, search terms and parameters and device information (you’ll find more information about this in our Cookie Statement)
- Log Information: We collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services
- Device Information: We collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information to help us understand how our app is performing across a range of devices and to help us identify the cause of “crashes” and potential performance improvements.
- Call and SMS Data: We make it easier for you to contact accommodation managers. In connection with this, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- CCTV: We may also collect your personal information if you access our premises and we use CCTV to monitor those premises.
- WiFi: If you use WiFi offered at our accommodation, we will collect login information (which may include your email) and usage information that tells us how you use the WiFi.
Sometimes you may choose to give us special category information about you or others which may attract extra protections under data protection laws. For example:
- Information about religious or philosophical beliefs may be revealed by food preferences (e.g. halal, kosher, etc.);
- Information about health may be revealed by special requests for assistance or disability-friendly accommodation or if you require medical assistance during your stay; and
- Information about sexual orientation may be revealed if you tell us that you are married or in a relationship and you also give us the name of your partner.
Purposes and lawful grounds of our processing physical personal information
- Necessary for the performance of a contract: where we have a contract with you, we will process your personal information in order to fulfil that contract (i.e. to provide you and others you have booked accommodation for with products and services).
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or provide identification(e.g. Aadhaar, voters card, Vehicle Registration Certificate, Vehicle Insurance etc), respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other JMM features (e.g. Buying our merchandise and accessories, participating in our campaigns)
- In our or a third parties’ legitimate interests: details of those legitimate interests are set out in more detail below.
- Where we are required to or is otherwise permitted by law
We process special category information because:
- You have manifestly made it public: for example if you are open about your sexual orientation or (if the AutoParty service is available in your country) you choose to tell us that your AutoParty is for the celebration of your same-sex or opposite-sex wedding;
- Processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, on the basis of law: for example, if you are taken ill or have an accident at our accommodation, we may have to keep a record of the incident for health and safety purposes;
- We have your consent: we would ask for any consent to process your special category data separately (your consent is not assumed simply because you have read this privacy notice);
- Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claims
We process your personal information for a number of legitimate interests, including providing you with services, administering our relationship with you, for marketing and service/product improvement purposes and in order to exercise our rights or handle claims. More detailed information about our legitimate interests is set out below.
Marketing and Preferences
We use your personal information to send you marketing by post, telephone, social media platforms, email, SMS, application notifications and silent notifications to track installation status of the application. We may also use your personal information to carry out online paid marketing activities in the nature of retargeting.
We also use technology to help us understand your personal preferences and interests so that we can send recommendations and marketing communications that are likely to be of more interest to you. Using technology in this way is sometimes known as profiling.
If you wish to unsubscribe from emails sent by us, you can do so at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link that appears in all emails and by adjusting the settings on your device to turn off notifications from our app. Otherwise, you can always contact us at dataprotection@JMM.com to update your contact preferences. You may also object to profiling relating to direct marketing by contacting us at dataprotection@JMM.com.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Third parties provide us with audience measurement and analytics services that analyse your online interactions (both with the JMM and other websites), serve you with tailored marketing and report on the performance of that marketing. We also use Google Place API to make suggestions based on your location or search strings
Sharing your information
We share your information with the JMM vendors and with others who help us provide services to you (e.g. your bike servicing provider). We also share your information in accordance with the law. Information on who we share your information with is set out below.
- Other members of the JMM;
- With accommodation manager/ staff to enable them to provide the services you request, e.g. we share your name and expected check-in time;
- Third party suppliers who help deliver products or services on our behalf, or who have partnered with JMM in connection with services or a relevant promotional offering, as well as other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
- The general public, if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our services that are obviously viewable by the general public. For example, you may choose to use social sharing features and related tools which let you share your JMM experience with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of these features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your social sharing service settings. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them;
- Third parties where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law (e.g. law enforcement officials, government authorities);
- With the police in the exercise of their functions or with others as required by a court order;
- Third parties where we (or any member(s) of the JMM) sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Third parties in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of the JMM’s business, in which case personal data held by it about its customers or visitors to the website may be one of the transferred assets.
Where we share your personal information, appropriate protections will be in place to protect your personal information as required by data protection laws. Sometimes, we may share information in an aggregated, pseudonymised and/or anonymised form which cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual.
We retain your personal information in accordance with JMM’s records retention policies. However, there may be circumstances that mean we must retain your personal information for longer (e.g. if you make a claim in relation to a booking).
In order to determine how long it is necessary to retain your personal information, we calculate retention periods in accordance with the following criteria:
- The currency of your relationship with us and the types of products or services you have with us;
- The length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our obligations to you and under law;
- Any limitation periods within which claims might be made;
- Any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, industry bodies or associations; and
- The existence of any relevant proceedings.
Data protection laws provide individuals with rights in relation to the information that JMM holds about them on some computer and paper records. These include rights to access, correct, delete, restrict the use of, object to the use of, port to another person, and withdraw consent to the use of, your information. Exceptions may apply to these rights.
The data protection laws provide individuals with the following rights:
- Right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of personal information we hold about you and to request a copy of that personal information.
- Right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you rectified.
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): The right to have certain personal information about you erased.
- Right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes.
- Right to object: The right to object to the use of personal information (including the right to object to marketing and profiling relating to direct marketing).
- Right to data portability: The right to ask for personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable formats.
- Right to withdraw consent: We do not normally rely on consent as a basis for processing your personal information. We will only ask for your consent in very limited circumstances and, if we do so, will make it obvious to you when we are asking for that consent and what that is for. You have the right to withdraw any consent you have given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
These rights may not apply in all cases. If we do not comply with your request, we will explain why. In response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. If you would like more information about your rights or to exercise any of your rights, please contact dataprotection@JM.com.
Data protection contacts
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions in relation to this notice, or any other concerns about the way in which we process information about you, please contact our Privacy Team at dataprotection@Junglemimangal.com.
If you are not satisfied with the response from our Privacy Team, you can contact our Data Protection Officer.
You also have a right to make a complaint to your local privacy supervisory authority. You can lodge a complaint with another supervisory authority which is based in the country or territory where:
- You are living
- You work, or
- The alleged infringement took place.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The primary guest must be at least 18 years of age to be able to check into the hotel.
- It is mandatory for guests to present valid photo identification at the time of check-in. According to government regulations, a valid Photo ID has to be carried by every person above the age of 18 staying at the hotel. The identification proofs accepted are Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, and Passport. Without Original copy of valid ID the guest will not be allowed to check-in.
- PAN card is not accepted as a valid ID card.
- Stay of 1 child up to 5 years of age is complementary without the use of extra mattress. Breakfast charges may be applicable for the child.
- Extra mattress will be provided only on prior intimation.
- Pets are not allowed in the hotel premises.
- Should any action by a guest be deemed inappropriate by the hotel, or if any inappropriate behaviour is brought to the attention of the hotel, the hotel reserves the right, after the allegations have been investigated, to take action against the guest.
- Guests shall be liable for any damage, except normal wear and tear to Hotel asset. Guest shall keep the Hotel room in a good condition and maintain hygiene and cleanliness.
- Certain policies are booking specific and are informed to the customer while making the booking.
- No Smoking Policy for JMM: We really take pride in keeping all our rooms fresh and clean, and discourage smoking in the rooms. In case guests wish to smoke, the caretaker will be happy to help.
- Guests may be contacted closer to their check-in date to confirm the arrival status or arrival time through calls or messages. In case, we do not receive a response from the guest after multiple attempts, the booking may be put on hold or cancelled. In case of availability, JMM will try to reinstate your booking when you contact us back or make a payment through our multitude of payment options
- As we continue to strive to improve our services, JMM may reach out to guests to get a feedback of their experience through calls or messages